Thursday, February 2, 2012

grace now


Last month our family lost a grandma.  The loss was very sudden and very tragic.  We were held captive by questions and grief that hung in the air as all that surrounds the loss of a loved one pressed on our family.  God answered "Grace".  Grace now.  Grace allows all that is, covers with love and never seeks for itself.  I can get lost in all there is to do and even more in what is mine to do and what is not.   Did you know "Help" can lack in grace?  It can; grace, however is always helpful.  In my desire to be 'helpful', I must admit I am often guilty of forgetting this, thinking that "help" super cedes all, even grace.  If I can just remember to do the 'next thing' that is mine to do, God gives me the grace to do that; He never promised me grace for that which is someone else's.



But by the grace of God I am what I am:
and his grace which [was bestowed] upon me was not in vain;
but I laboured more abundantly than they all:
yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 
1 Corinthians 15:10 (KJV)


Addendum to "Grace allows all that is...": Grace does not make wrong right or excuse it's wrongness.  Grace allows that it is God alone who judges and acknowledges that we have been forgiven.

No comments: